Hello Two Hands Physiotherapy clients!
We are very gradually beginning to open our doors again. The Alberta government is allowing physiotherapists to see patients in person and the College of Physical Therapists of Alberta has provided additional guidelines to ensure safety during this time.
This is a summary of the cleaning and safety protocols that we are taking as precautions to prevent the transmission or spread of Covid-19.
1. No Waiting Room
- Signs are posted on the front door asking clients to call before entering the clinic.
- To reduce potential transmission of the Covid-19 virus, clients are asked to wait in their car and call us when they arrive (@ 403-860-0058 or alternately the Canine Fitness Centre line – 403-204-0823). We will then contact them when we’re ready for them to come in for their appointment.
- Both client and the therapist must be wearing face masks when in a clinic appointment. If the client does not have a mask, one will be available for purchase.
- Therapists will be required to wear a medical procedures mask. Patients may wear a homemade mask if they choose.
- Patients receiving treatment for TMJ / mouth related issues will not wear a mask, however the therapist must wear a medical procedures mask and protective eye wear.
- Staff have been instructed on proper mask wearing / putting on / taking off procedures.
- Clients are to be instructed to wash their hands before donning and before removing their mask, and to avoid making unnecessary mask adjustments while it is on.
3. Staff temperature monitoring:
- Two Hands Physiotherapy Therapists as well as all of the Canine Fitness Centre staff is required to measure and record their body temperature as soon as they come into the clinic. Any staff member showing a body temperature higher than 38.0°C is asked to leave the clinic and monitor their temperature and possible Covid-19 symptoms at home.
- If illness consistent with Covid-19 is evident (any of the following symptoms which are new or worsened if associated with allergies, chronic or pre-existing conditions: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, and/or runny nose?), the therapist or CFC staff member is asked to go home to self-isolate.
- Two Hands Physiotherapy Therapists as well as all of the Canine Fitness Centre staff are required to sign the daily health declaration before beginning work each day.
- Daily Fit for Work Screening questions are as per those provided by Alberta Health Services, and can be found at: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-daily-fitness-for-work-screening-questionnaire.pdf
- Clients have the choice to remove footwear or not. We will not be mandating footwear removal.
- Therapists will wear a reusable gown to cover their attire for each patient interaction. Gowns will only be worn once and put into the wash bin immediately afterwards.
6. Surface cleaning: door handles, counters, equipment, etc.:
- We will wipe down all above mentioned surfaces at least once between each client / patient interaction and at end of day with a solution of 1000 ppm of bleach and water (in accordance with AHS).
- The bleach-water solution is tested using testing strips to ensure it is the correct dilution, and documented.
- The treatment bed and the leg bolster (if used) is to be wiped down with bleach-water or the Vim anti-bacterial spray.
7. Hand washing:
- Staff must wash their hands between each appointment, following the AHS hand washing recommendation, for a minimum of 20 seconds, making sure to wash between fingers and thumb, as well as in back of the hand using plenty of soap.
- There is a sink in the Two Hands treatment as well as in the adjacent washroom. o Staff have been instructed on proper hand washing procedures.
- Distancing measures are set up at front desk to provide spacing between client and reception.
♣ Distancing chairs, cart, and keypad are not to be moved.
♣ The payment phone / square device will be put onto the rolling cart / distancing station for payment. It will be cleaned / wiped / bleached before and after each transaction.
9. Health Declaration:
- We are asking Two Hands Therapists, clients and Canine Fitness Centre staff to declare if they are ill or have been travelling within the last 14 days, or if they have come in contact with anyone who has been ill or traveled within the last 14 days. If any of the above scenarios is present, we ask that they follow a 14-day quarantine.
- Health declaration information is collected by reply to the appointment reminder e-mail or by signing the declaration of health at the front desk distancing area.
- Screening questions are as per those provided by Alberta Health Services, and can be found at: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-daily-fitness-for-work-screening-questionnaire.pdf
10. Other relevant Information:
- All Two Hands appointments will be booked with an additional 20 minutes at the end of each appointment to allow for cleaning.
- Appointment reminders state all of the information enclosed herewithin.
- When calling for an appointment, clients will be asked the questions in the ‘Health Declaration’.
- Clients unable to keep their appointment due to health concerns, are not charged cancellation fees.
- Our hours are inconstant. We are making changes and adjustments as necessary as new information becomes available.
- People coming to purchase retail items, will need to call ahead to find out our hours for that day. We offer curb side pick-up for retail as well.
11. Release of Liability
- Two Hands Physiotherapy clients will be asked to sign a Covid-specific release of liability prior to receiving physiotherapy services.